See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Martin Sonne bedroom
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Bavarian Forest Holidays Food & Drink
Food & Drink
Click here for our local restaurant recommendations
We have a small selection of food and drink items for sale. These are meant to help guests particularly in the evenings and at weekends, when the German shops are shut (all food shops in Germany are shut on Sundays and after 8pm in the evenings). Products are organic when possible. Jams and fruit pies are made from fruit from our orchard where possible:
- Frozen food, including pizzas, ice creams, home cooked meals, vegetables, desserts. At the moment, Margaret's home made meals in freezer include: goulasch, lasagne, chicken in tomato and rosemary sauce, vegetarian cassoulet, mediterranean vegetable timbale and quiches.
- Milk, butter, yoghurt, cream/creme fraiche
- Part baked rolls, toast bread. For a real treat, order a loaf of Martin's delicious home made bread!
- Individual packs of breakfast cereals
- Jam (often home made) and local honey - made by a neighbour.
- Ham and cheese
- Frozen meat (usually pork and turkey schnitzels, beef and pork mince, chicken portions), bought fresh every month from our favourite butcher in the local town
- Fresh fruit
- Fruit juice, soft drinks, Bavarian and Czech beers, red and white wine, including wines which we source direct from German vineyards, mostly not available in the UK. We are now finding some good quality Czech wines too.
- Pasta, sauces, rice
- Basic toiletries
There are free of charge supplies of fresh and dried herbs and spices, flour, sugar, ice cubes, stock cubes and sachets of tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard!
Want to try out your gourmet cooking skills?
Use the cookery books in our library for inspiration and help yourself to our selection of additional cooking equipment and pans to borrow, to supplement what is provided in the apartment and make it possible to prepare more elaborate meals. This includes a food processor, slow cooker, muffin tins, large saucepans, wok etc.
Or learn to cook Bavarian!
Sign up for a private cooking lesson in your apartment and produce a complete Bavarian dinner.
We are happy to order a birthday cake for anyone with a birthday during their stay and to arrange a candelight dinner at a local restaurant if you wish.
If you are expecting to arrive late, we are happy to prepare a meal and put in your apartment for your arrival, just needing to be heated up. Please ask us about this.
We can also do shopping for you in the nearest town, in time for your arrival or during your stay.
Food & Drink |
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
Tel. (Germany) +49 (0)9925 90 32 04 (UK) 07976 403434
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7