See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Experience Bavaria / Bohemia
We have put together a list of activities which can be enjoyed in and around Bayerisch Eisenstein.
All of these activities take place in the village or close by and most are traditional to the area and taking part helps to keep these traditions alive.Some are only available on certain days of the week. All of them have to booked in advance and are subject to availability.
- Make your own piece of glass at the village demonstration glassworks. Thursdays - Sundays.
Walking in the Forest and the Area
- Experience the ancient Bavarian Forest on a guided walk with Andreas or Ulrike on unmarked paths near the village.
- Take one of our many recommended walks in the forest, self-guided, including 9 walks to places for lunch and 2 to places for coffee and cakes, buggy friendly walks, winter walks, hikes, city walks etc.
- Learn about the history of Bayerisch Eisenstein on a walk around the village with text compiled by Martin or with him when in BE.
- Learn about the history of the border in the 20th century as it affected one small Bavarian village, from Margaret’s book.
- Visit the Patton Museum at Plzen, Hartmanice Mountain Synagogue, Rozvadov border museum, the old look out tower at Polednik, the Flossenbuerg concentration camp site and take the walk across the border in Czech Republic depicting the history of the 2nd World War.
- Try out some typical forest activities such as summer tobogganing, archery, hire wire parks, shooting and canoeing (some of these activities are mainly located in places which can only be reached by car)
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
(Germany) +49 (0) 9925 90 32 04
(UK) 07813 811 497 (Martin)
(Ulrike – Germany) +49 (0) 160 9171 8011
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7