See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Places to Visit
Places to visit in Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Neo-Baroque church of St. Johann Nepomuk.
- The only railway station in Europe which is divided between 2 countries, including an exhibition on the history of the railway, through 1st and 2nd world wars and the cold war, European bat museum, History of winter sports in the area, model railway, an impressive 19th century station restaurant recently part of the German half of the station extensive renovations, National Park information centre, as well as trains to German and Czech destinations.
- Local railway museum, with locomotives and other historical items.
- Border glassworks with glassblowing demonstrations, restaurant and glass shop.
- Village park with information on the geology of the area, the old cross-border trading routes and local walks.
- Children's playground.
- Tennis and mini golf
- Walk along the river Regen, taking the peaceful path along the canal, built to feed a small hydroelectrical power station built in the 1900s.
- Numerous walks around the village, through the forest.
- Cross the border on foot into the Czech Republic
- Walk through the Bavarian Forest National Park, the oldest National Park in Germany, for about an hour to the old woodcutter's cottage at Schwellhaeusl, now an excellent place for lunch.
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
(Germany) +49 (0) 9925 90 32 04
(UK) 07813 811 497 (Martin)
(Ulrike – Germany) +49 (0) 160 9171 8011
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7