See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Things to do in Bavaria
Germany is a very child friendly country - not gushy like the Latins, but children's existence and needs are taken for granted. Most restaurants have high chairs and a children's menu. Many restaurants and places of interests have children's play areas.
Getting around the area by public transport is easy from Bayerisch Eisenstein, especially using the local Waldbahn trains, which are easy to get on and off with young children and pushchairs. Parents who want to walk in the forest with pushchairs will find plenty of forest roads and cycle paths.
The following are some of the things to do in the area with young children:
In Bayerisch Eisenstein, there is an excellent children's playground in the village park in the centre of the village.
Swimming: our guests love the Osserbad at Lam and there is also swimming at Zwiesel (carfree by train). Both have indoor and outdoor pools.
Walks from the village: there is a file of recommended walks with buggies with walks on both sides of the border.
Outings (all within 30 minutes drive of the house):
- Take the gondola to the top of the Arber mountain where there is a children's playground and restaurants. Carfree: by bus from the village station.
- At the Grosser Arbersee lake there is a walk around the lake (part difficult with a pushchair), pedaloes, a restaurant and a park with fairy tale figures. Carfree: by bus from the village station, change at the Arber cable car.
- Regenhuette Animal Museum. Carfree by bus.
- Lohberg Tierpark with animals indigenous to the area and the tourist 'train' to the Kleiner Arbersee Lake
- Lam Fairytale and Ghost Castle
- Ludwigsthal - Haus zur Wildnis - wide, flat paths lead past animal enclosures to the Information Centre, with play area and information for children, 3D cinema, shop and cafe. Carfree by train to Ludwigsthal, just one stop.
- Joska Crystal at Bodenmais has play areas and activities for children. Carfree: by train to Bodenmais via Zwiesel.
- Sommerrodelbahns - there are 4 summer toboggan runs in the area, the nearest is at Bodenmais, with cable car and plenty of children's activities. Carfree by train to Bodenmais via Zwiesel, then the Bimmelbahn.
- There are 3 fun parks in the region:
Hohenbogen at Neukirchen bei Heiligen Blut.
BayernPark at Reisbach (between Dingolfing and Eggenfelden).
Churpfalz Park, Loifling bei Cham.
Skiing: children can learn to ski at the Ski Kindergarten from the age of 3.Carfree: to the Arber by Skibus.
Tobogganing: there is a toboggan run close to the apartment (toboggans and sliders can be borrowed) as well as 2 toboggan runs on the Arber (toboggans must be hired there)
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
(Germany) +49 (0) 9925 90 32 04
(UK) 07813 811 497 (Martin)
(Ulrike – Germany) +49 (0) 160 9171 8011
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7