See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Things to do in Bavaria
Other Sports and Activities
We have available:
- Table tennis
- Table football
In Bayerisch Eisenstein:
- Tennis (tennis racquets and balls available to borrow)
- Football (football available to borrow)
- Fishing - on the Regen river and the Arber lakes.
- Archery at the Silberberg, Bodenmais. Carfree: take the train via Zwiesel to Bodenmais, then take the Bimmelbahn.
- Boating/Canoeing/rafting - on the Regen river at Blaibach and Viechtach. Also boats for hire on the reservoir at Regen. Some can be arranged with specialists in the village.
- Go-Karting between Regen and Viechtach and at Zelezna Ruda (Czech Republic)
- Golf - Limited by the winter weather in the region, but it is normally possible to play from May to September. There are golf courses within reach in Germany, Austria and Czech Republic. There are 2 golf courses within 25 minutes drive and a total of 38 in Eastern Bavaria. 2 German clubs are linked with 2 clubs across the border in Austria. And there are 5 clubs in the Plzen region of Czech Republic.
- High wire climbing parks
- Horse-riding at Dreieck (20 minutes away).
- Motorbikes can be hired and tours arranged
- Paintballing at Zelezna Ruda
- Shooting at the Biathlon Stadium at the Arber Lake. Carfree: take the bus from the village station and change buses at the Arber cable car.
- Summer tobogganing at Bodenmais, Bischofsmais, St. Englmar, Grafenau and Schoenau in Rottal. Carfree to Bodenmais: take the train via Zwiesel to Bodenmais, then take the Bimmelbahn.
- Swimming Carfree: train to Zwiesel
- Winter sports: skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, snow shoe walking, skating. Carfree to the Arber with the free ski bus.
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
(Germany) +49 (0) 9925 90 32 04
(UK) 07813 811 497 (Martin)
(Ulrike – Germany) +49 (0) 160 9171 8011
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7