See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Martin Sonne bedroom
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Award winning 4* eco-friendly self-catering apartments in a Bavarian Forest village
On the edge of a village, in the largest range of forested mountains in Central Europe, directly on the border with the Czech Republic, half way between Munich and Prague. Really well appointed and comfortable apartments, next to German and Czech National Parks.
See our ideas for a holiday in Bayerisch Eisenstein and our recommended beer and medieval festivals.
Really well appointed and comfortable Apartments
- Spacious, high quality, eco-friendly, ‘full service’ apartments.
- 1-3 bedrooms, stylish/comfortable furnshings, fully equipped kitchens, modern bathrooms, balcony or terrace.
- Prices include tourist tax and final cleaning (unless less than 4 nights) etc.
NO compulsory extras.
In the Middle of Europe
- On the edge of the pretty mountain village of Bayerisch Eisenstein, part of small community.
- In the middle of the largest range of forested mountains in Central Europe.
- Halfway between Munich and Prague.
On the Edge of the Village of Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Next to the Bavarian Forest National Park, close to the Arber mountain (cable car 10 months of the year).
- Walk to shops, restaurants, bank, children’s playground, local railway museum, demonstration glassworks, public transport and border with Czech Republic.
- Border railway station divided between Germany and the Czech Republic.
Lots to do here
- Own guest shop with 24/7 access for guests.
- Coffee room, library, DVDs and CDs.
- Table tennis, table football, bikes for hire, badminton, barbecue, games room, children’s play areas indoors and outdoors, massage and sauna.
- Free WiFi or use of PC and printer.
- Laundry service.
- More than 150 pages of specially written tourist information and 6 files of different recommended walks.
Experience the real Bavaria and Czech Republic
- Local beer and medieval re-enactment festivals.
- Learn cookery, glass painting, brewing and history.
- Experience the unique history of the area: Celts and Romans, Austro-Hungarian Empire, 2nd world war and iron curtain era, modern day EU and Schengen area.
Local Sports and Activities
- Gentle walks or strenuous hikes.
- Cycling, tennis, riding, high wire parks, summer tobogganing, canoeing.
- Downhill and cross country skiing and other winter sports.
- Free local public transport.
Prague, Regensburg, Passau, Salzburg, the Danube, Munich, Cesky Krumlov, Plzen and lots more.
- Arrive and depart on any day of the week.
- Travel by train, plane or car from anywhere in Europe. Munich, Prague 2 hours.
- 10 hours driving time from Calais. Free transfer service for arrivals and departures to the village train station.
- We are happy to help you to plan your travel.
Wood pellet heating, solar panels, recycling, organic food, free local public transport, free transfers to and from village station.
- More than 20 different items of baby equipment to borrow free of charge.
- Indoor and outdoor play areas.
- Recommended buggy-friendly walks around the village.
- Pre-arrival shopping service for dispoable nappies and full cream milk. Ready made meals available.
We are inspected every year by the German Tourism Award and are graded at least 4 star for each of our apartments. We have won awards for environmental friendliness and for attracting international guests and been featured in British and international newspapers, magazines and TV. We really do exist!
Our ‘Full service’
We aim to provide:
- The space, comfort and privacy of top quality self catering
- The services of a good quality hotel
- The friendliness of a B&B
Use our information files to be completely independent or make use of our services and assistance – the choice is yours!
+Winners of German national eco-tourism special award, Fahrtziel Natur 2010, and the Bavarian Forest Tourism Special Award 2011. Featured in the UK Times, Sunday Times, Daily Mail, Independent on Sunday.
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
Tel. (Germany) +49 (0)9925 90 32 04 (UK) 07976 403434
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7